Roatan Fun-n-Sun Tour...
Come as Strangers, Leave as Friends...
others from your cruise ship for a nice cultural and sightseeing tour...and then an afternoon of Fun-and-Sun at West Bay Beach. Meet your Fun-n-Sun Guide, along with others from your ship, and begin your tour day in one of our air-conditioned tour vehicles. Your guide will share our unique landscape, local culture, as well as some Roatan/ Bay Island history. Your tour group will make several sightseeing stops along the way, allowing you to get outside of the vehicle for some outstanding photo opportunities. A stop at Roatan's Panorama Hill offers a wide open view of our island, villages and cruise ports. Some of the sights that we will share include: shipwrecks off the shoreline, the villages of Coxen Hole, French Harbor, Sandy Bay and West End, overlooks showing the jungles and coral reefs, etc.
As a special bonus, you will enjoy and 45-minute stop and free access to Victor's Monkey Business. Here, you can visit the monkeys, sloths, scarlet macaws, katamundi, parrots, island deer, and other animals, if you like. You will be albe to do some on-site souvenir shopping for Honduran products (including our mahogany crafts, wonderful coffee and vanilla!) If you'd rather relax on this short break, kick back on one of our hammocks or pic-nic tables surrounded by tropical trees and watch guests as they zip along on the Mayan Jungle Canopy overhead. (Unfortunately, this tour does not allow extra time for the zipline experience, if this is a "must do", please consider our private Best of Roatan or Zip-N-Dip group excursion.) Restroom facilities are available here, too!
After a little more sightseeing, we will stop by West Bay Beach and the Bananarama Beach Resort. This is Roatan's most beautiful white sand beach, lined with resorts, restaurants and bars. This is a 2-hour stop and you will be able to explore the mile-long beach, snorkel, swim and relax! You will be provided with an arm-band allowing you access to a beach chair, restroom facilities and fresh water showers at Bananarama Resort! West Bay Beach, protected by the offshore reef, is a wonderful sea grass and rock-free beach with powder-soft sand unlike any other beach on Roatan...it is groomed and maintained daily.There are many water-activities available here, and you can rent most anything: kayaks, canoes, snorkel gear, jet-skis, parasail, bananaboats, etc. Or, you can always just relax and enjoy a cold beverage or a snack at one of the many restaurants or bars, including the tasty menu at Bananarama!
After your beach-break, we will load back up and do a bit more sightseeing on our way back to the cruise ship ports. Our Highlights tour is designed to allow for more shopping time in and around your dock upon your return.
Note that our Fun-n-Sun tour is a group excursion with others from your ship, and operates on a set itinerary. No customization is possible on this tour. If you are interested in customizing a private tour for your group, please consider our private Best of Roatan tour.
Bananarama Resort located on West Bay Beach
"Roatan Fun-n-Sun " Group Excursion ...with others from your ship:
- Depart Roatan's dock 1 Hour after your ship's scheduled time of arrival at our port (for example, if you are scheduled to arrive at 8AM, we leave at 9AM!.)
- 1 1/2 Hour scenic and cultural drive through French Harbor and Sandy Bay (several photo-stops will be made where you will be able to exit the tour vehicle.)
- Visit the monkeys, sloths & parrots, souvenir shopping, restrooms/relaxation at Victor's Monkey Business (45 Minutes)
- 30-minute drive through West End Village, stops at the scenic overlook, then on to West Bay Beach
- Visit West Bay Beach (2 hours) for lots of swimming, snorkeling or relaxing! Beach Chair, Restroom & Fresh Water Shower access included at Bananarama Resort on West Bay Beach!
- ++If your ship arrives late: Your Fun-n-Sun tour will STILL leave one hour after your ship originally scheduled arrival time, so be prompt!
- "Roatan Fun-n-Sun" Cost: $30 per person, includes FREE Monkey Business Access and Bananarama Beach Resort Access Fees.
- There is no prepayment or deposit for your tour (payment will be in US CASH ONLY once you get to the island)
- Confirmed Reservations are Required
- Minimum of 4 Guests per Ship Required for Tour
You will be notified, upon the time of confirmation, whether the minimum of 4 guests threshold has been met. If not, we will have your reservation "PENDING" until the minimum requirement from your ship is met, at which time an official confirmation will be sent!
Generally, this is NOT an issue, but you may want to contact fellow cruisers via the Cruise Critic Roll Call for your ship to help meet the tour minimum!
Our average Fun-n-Sun tour length is 4 1/2 to 5 hours. If your ship's itinerary is unusally short (or long), the timing and number of our Highlights stops may be shortened or extended.